With COVID-19 changing how we shop, Canadians are looking for convenient ways to make purchases remotely and online. Celero is offering an instant issuance program for Aura™ to enable your credit union to meet the needs of your members during this uncharted time.
I am going to say something about grocery delivery. Not everyone has a credit card...K!!!— Michelle Bailey (@MichelleBailey1) April 7, 2020
Aura: the payments solution for your members
The Aura instant issuance program provides your members with a virtual reloadable MasterCard prepaid card plus a physical plastic card to enable them to make everyday online purchases including groceries -- right from the day members sign-up for Aura. Members will simply need to add a virtual Aura card to their digital wallet for online as well as in-store purchases. Included in the temporary issuance program is also the ability for members to earn instant rewards, set savings goals and track spending all within the Aura app.
With no credit checks required, it provides a solution to members who do not have access to credit cards or who choose not to use a credit card. The Aura card can be easily loaded via e-transfer, so members can continue to practice social distancing during the pandemic. The member will receive a welcome e-mail asking them to register for the program and download the app. At that time, their virtual card will be instantly issued and a plastic card will be received within 7-10 days.
How the instant issuance program works
The Aura instant issuance program allows credit unions to leverage the platform without the initial upfront investment to get cards in hands to those members in need. Here are a few of the details on issuance of these cards:
- Celero assigns a program manager to work with your team to structure your credit unions onboarding process for members.
- Celero provides marketing content, and templates for you to reach out to your members
- Celero would process orders from credit unions within 24 business hours, and members would receive an Aura invitation via email with instructions to setup a password and register/download the app.
- Cards are setup so that if your credit union implements the complete Aura program in the future, the Aura accounts transfer to your credit union’s portfolio and members would not require cards to be reissued.
- As with the full program, the instant issuance program provides the ability to apply offers from your local merchants for your members based on postal code.
- Credit union members will have significant benefits with a host of offers including discounts on online grocery/supermarket deliveries at key merchant locations in Canada and much more.
Aura is here to help! Contact us to learn more about the Aura instance program or to sign up.
Subscribe to Celero Insights.
Celero is a leading provider of digital technology and integration solutions to credit unions and financial institutions across Canada. Clients trust Celero’s proven track record delivering innovative banking technologies, digital and payment solutions, cloud computing, outsourcing, IT and advisory services.
Other posts by Celero