In May 2020, Libro Credit Union launched the Loyal 2 Local Challenge to encourage individuals in southwestern Ontario to support local businesses amidst the pandemic.
The initiative started in-house with every employee receiving $25 to spend locally. Several of the participating employees shared their story by posting a photo on social media with the hashtag #Loyal2LocalChallenge. The creative campaign not only stimulated the local economy, but also created buzz about the value of local businesses. In line with credit union values, the Loyal 2 Local Challenge supports the community and brings people together.
Since the initiative launched, other credit unions across Canada have joined the challenge and in June, Celero decided to join in by leveraging our pre-paid card, Aura. Celero issued Aura cards to employees and loaded $25 to purchase something at a local small business in their community. Like Libro, employees posted photos of their purchase on social media using the hashtag #Loyal2Local. Over the last two months, Celero has been sharing photos to bring more exposure to the credit union led initiative. Discover what local businesses Celero employees have been shopping at on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
In addition to Celero employees participating in the Loyal 2 Local Challenge, we have provided credit unions the opportunity to test out Aura by launching Loyal 2 Local with their employees. If the credit union falls in love with Aura (we think they will), then they can seamlessly transition to the full Aura program for their members.
How it works:
- Credit unions provide Celero with employee contact information
- Celero provides email templates for credit union to notify staff of the Loyal 2 Local Challenge and explain how to download the Aura app, register and load funds
- Within 2 business days of activation, Celero will issue a dollar amount decided by each individual credit union to the employees Aura cards
- Employees can shop locally immediately using their virtual card and a physical card will be issued within 7-10 business days
- Employees share photos of their local purchases on social media to be re-shared by credit union
- If the credit union is happy with Aura, the credit union can seamlessly transition to the full Aura program
Contact us to learn more about the Loyal 2 Local initiative or Aura.
Subscribe to Celero Insights.
Celero is a leading provider of digital technology and integration solutions to credit unions and financial institutions across Canada. Clients trust Celero’s proven track record delivering innovative banking technologies, digital and payment solutions, cloud computing, outsourcing, IT and advisory services.
Other posts by Celero